Applicants of MCF Grants
Fair Collection Statement
This statement sets out how Masonic Charitable Foundation (Registered charity number 1164703, Company number 09751836); The Freemasons’ Grand Charity (Registered charity number 281942); Royal Masonic Trust for Girls and Boys (Registered charity number 285836); and Masonic Samaritan Fund (Registered charity number 1130424, Company number 6876310) (the Charities) gather, process and protect any personal information that you may provide us with when you have asked us to consider a request for assistance.
The Charities are committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us during the application and grant award process is treated confidentially and in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- How we collect information
- Through the joint application form, supporting documentation and specific requests for supplementary information; Through written reports from relevant health or social care professionals. We will always seek the consent of the applicant to obtain these reports.
- A third party may gather and verify personal information on our behalf as part of the application process. Arrangements are made to ensure that any information you provide is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
- How we will use the information you provide to us
- To assess your eligibility for support from one or more of the Charities;
- To signpost you to other charities and organisations including government departments and agencies that we believe may be able to assist you;
- To facilitate the provision of charitable support;
- To maintain a record of our work;
- To ask you to tell us how we can improve the services of the Charities to you and others.
- How we will share your information
Some or all of the information you provide to us may be shared with the Royal Masonic Benevolent Institution; a Lodge; or a Metropolitan, Provincial or District Grand Lodge; or associated Masonic charity, if we believe that one or more may be able to assist you and/or to facilitate payments following the award of a grant.
If you request mobility equipment or aids, we will work with a third party supplier to assess, supply and maintain items appropriate to your needs.
We will not sell, distribute or release your information to third parties, other than those specified, unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law.
- How we will store the information we collect from you
The information you provide to us will be kept securely to ensure no unauthorised access or disclosure occurs. Your information will be securely destroyed when no longer required.
- Access to your information
You can request a copy of the information that we hold about you at any time. If you would like a copy of the information held please contact Reception Manager at Masonic Charitable Foundation, 60 Great Queen Street, London, WC2B 5AZ to request this information. If you believe that there is an error in the information that we hold about you please contact Reception Manager at Masonic Charitable Foundation, 60 Great Queen Street, London, WC2B 5AZ. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- Changes to our Fair Collection Statement
Any changes to our Fair Collection Statement will be posted to this website.This statement was reviewed and updated on 18 January 2016.