Purpose for processing personal information
Our legal basis for collecting, processing and sharing personal information as described below is based on the legitimate interest of the HONE system. To collect and process personal information from donors who have made donations specifically to the MCF (either by donating to the MCF general fund or donating to the MCF via a Provincial Festival in support of the MCF) in order to administer the MCF permanent honorifics programme.
The HONE system operates within the Masonic Charitable Foundation, which acts as the Data Controller for these purposes.
What personal information we may collect
- Your full name
- Your full address including post code
- Your contact details such as an email address or a telephone number
- Your Lodge, Chapter or any other Masonic organisation membership details
- Details of donations you have made to the Masonic Charitable Foundation
How we collect your personal information
Such information is collected from MCF specific Relief Chests managed by the Relief Chest Scheme.
Why we need to collect your personal information and how it is used by HONE
- To calculate your personal MCF honorific qualifications
- To inform you of any MCF honorific qualification target reached and issue an appropriate certificate
Sharing your personal information
The MCF HONE system will not sell, share or distribute your personal information to any third party for marketing or any other purposes.
Storing your personal information:
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Your personal information and your rights to access and update such information
- You have a right to ask for details about the information we hold about you
- You have a right to ask us to stop processing your personal information
- You have a right to rectify your personal information to ensure the details we hold about you are accurate and up to date
- You have a right to ask us to erase/delete any personal information we hold about you
How to contact us
Our Data Protection Lead can be contacted at any time, including if you have questions about this Privacy Notice, or wish to exercise any rights contained in it.
Les Hutchinson (COO) Data Protection Lead
Masonic Charitable Foundation Freemasons’ Hall
60 Great Queen Street London
Telephone number: 020 3146 3333 / Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org