Purpose for processing personal information
Our legal basis for collecting, processing and sharing personal information as described below is based on the legitimate interest of the Individual Relief Chest Scheme. To provide you with the services and information you request and for administration and processing purposes, including donations, gift aid tax reclaim, honorifics/patronage, statutory and compliance monitoring.
The Individual Relief Chest Scheme operates within the Masonic Charitable Foundation, which acts as the Data Controller for these purposes.
What personal information we may collect
- Your full name
- Your full address including post code
- Your contact details such as an email address or a telephone number
- Your bank account details including a branch address
- Your Lodge, Chapter or any other Masonic organisation membership details
- Your tax payer status
How we may collect your personal information
- Online (paperless Direct Debits)
Why we need to collect your personal information and how it is used by the Individual Relief Chest Scheme
- To identify you as a donor to process your donation
- To set up a Direct Debit instruction with your bank
- To submit a gift aid tax reclaim to HMRC, if you choose to gift aid your donation
- To send you Individual Relief Chest communications, such as, statements and other correspondence in accordance with the Individual Relief Chest Scheme Rules
- To update, where applicable, the Honorific Evaluation system (HONE) of the MCF. The HONE system uses personal information from donors who have made donations specifically to the MCF, to administer the MCF permanent honorifics programme and to inform a donor of any MCF honorific qualifying level reached as a result of any donation(s).
Sharing your personal information
The Individual Relief Chest Scheme will not sell, share or distribute your personal information to any third party for marketing or other purposes. We will not use or share your personal information except for the purposes specified below to process a donation.
We may share your personal information with:
- United Grand Lodge Of England
- To identify you as a member of a Lodge, Chapter or other Masonic organisation, e.g. Rose Croix, Mark Master Masons
- To identify you as a donor
- Your bank
- To lodge a Direct Debit Instruction to facilitate regular donations into a Relief Chest
- To request regular payments (monthly, quarterly, annually etc.)
- To make amendments to the Direct Debit instruction (change bank account details, cancel the Direct Debit etc.)
- To submit a gift aid tax reclaim for gift aided donations (where eligible)
- To refund any tax (where gift aid is reclaimed in error/not eligible)
The Relief Chest Scheme may share your details with third parties including:
- Other registered charities
- When making donations from an Individual Relief Chest to a registered charity, in accordance with the instructions of the donor during the beneficiary selection process. If the donor has asked us to share their details with the recipient charity, the donors personal details (name and address) are forwarded to issue a receipt/thank you letter and for the purposes of further contact from the recipient charity where the donor has given consent.
The Individual Relief Chest Scheme may use third party processing systems to check personal information you provide or for mailing purposes:
- Bottomline technologies
- When setting up a paperless Direct Debit online to verify bank details, ownership of the account and your address
- To print and post letters and statements to donors.
Safeguarding your personal information
All personal and other information collected from donors is stored securely by the Individual Relief Chest Scheme according to the Individual Relief Chest Scheme document Retention Schedule. Records are kept only for as long as the Individual Relief Chest is legally required. Information is retained in accordance with statutory and regulatory requirements and is destroyed securely at the end of the retention period.
Personal information collected electronically by online forms is encrypted. The Individual Relief Chest Scheme has appropriate technical controls in place to protect all personal and other information and these are subject to routine monitoring.
Personal and other information collected are not transferred overseas, and the servers on which such information is stored are located in the U.K.
Individual Relief Chest Scheme staffs are trained to handle personal information in accordance with appropriate data protection policies and procedures.
Your personal information and your rights
Accessing and updating your personal information
- You have a right to ask for details about the information we hold about you
- You have a right to ask us to stop processing your personal information if it is not necessary for the purposes for which you provided the details (e.g. to process a donation)
- You have a right to rectify your personal data to ensure the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date
- You have a right to ask us to erase/delete any personal information we hold about you, unless the Relief Chest needs to retain it for a legitimate purpose
How to contact us
If you have any concerns or queries about your personal information, please contact our data protection lead:
Name: Leslie Hutchinson
Phone: 020 3146 3333
Post: Data Protection Lead, Relief Chest Scheme, Masonic Charitable Foundation, 60 Great Queen Street, London WC2B 5AZ