All applications are subject to the following criteria:
- The applicant must be the child, step-child or grandchild of a Freemason.
- A financial assessment of the family’s household income.
- Candidates must apply for all other sources of available funding such as grants, scholarships and sponsorship.
- Candidates must intend to pursue their talent as a career and must be able to demonstrate exceptional talent by passing recognised examinations, gaining entry to highly competitive schemes or by performing at regional and national levels.
- Grants are not available to fund a hobby or so that an academically gifted child can attend a better school.
- Assistance with school fees for performing arts students can only be considered if they attend a Dance and Drama Award (DaDA) accredited or Music and Dance Scheme (MDS) accredited establishment, see the DaDA list here and MDS list here.
- We are only able to consider assistance with school fees for other disciplines if the applicant attends a choir school, a specialist music school or a sports college based on their exceptional talent.
In most cases where grants toward fees are agreed, parents will be expected to make a contribution.
All TalentAid applications for each upcoming academic year will be considered the preceding July and you will be notified of the outcome of your application in August.
For those seeking support for the 2020/21 academic year: The TalentAid scheme has closed for this academic year so we are not accepting any further applications.
For those seeking support for the 2021/22 academic year: Applications are now being accepted.
The deadline for completed applications (comprising Application form, Supporting Statement and supporting documents) is 9am Monday 29 March 2021. Any application received after this date will not be considered.
How to apply
There are three parts to the application:
- Application form
- Supporting statement
- Tutor/Coach reference form
The Tutor/Coach reference form will be emailed direct to the nominated tutor/coach once your application form is received.
The Tutor/Coach reference form and supporting statement must be completed for an application to be considered. These forms are used to help us identify the very best candidates. We will not accept alternative documents in place of any of the three TalentAid forms.
If we do not receive all three parts of the application, together with supporting financial documents, your application will not be progressed.
Each eligible application will be scored and presented to our decision making panel for consideration in July 2021.
Completed forms should be returned to: email@example.com
You will receive an acknowledgement email once your application has been received.