Alternative sources of support

We may not always be able to offer support, but we always try to make people aware of other organisations that can help.

We have compiled a list of useful organisations and their contact information, organised by the type of need someone might have.


Good Funeral Guide

An independent, not-for-profit organisation offering information about planning for a funeral.

Cruse Bereavement Care

Offers support after the death of someone close. or call 0808 808 1677

The Headstone Guide

A guide to choosing and buying a headstone.

The Compassionate Friends

Support for family and friends when a child dies, given by other bereaved parents. or call 0345 123 2304

Winston’s Wish

Provides services to bereaved children, young people, and their families in the UK. or call 01242 515 157

Tell Us Once

A service that lets you report a death to most government organisations in one go.



Offers advice and guidance on debt management. or call Freephone helpline 0800 138 1111

National Debtline

Provides free, confidential and independent advice on dealing with debt problems. or call 0808 808 4000

Direct Gov

The link will help you find a local council website, through which you can access information on all local services.

Money Advice Service

An independent service, set up by the government, which provides free and impartial advice to help people to manage their money. or call 0800 138 7777

The Money Charity

Empowers people across the UK to build the skills, knowledge, attitudes and behaviours, to make the most of their money throughout their lives. or call 020 7062 8933


Helps people access the money available to them through welfare benefits and grants. or call 0808 802 2000


Challenging Behaviour Foundation

Supports families caring for children and adults with severe learning disabilities and challenging behaviour. or call 01634 838739

Age UK

Nationwide charity tackling issues related to aging. Supports with the needs and aspirations of older people. or call 0800 169 2081

Independent Age

Offers advice, befriending, and campaigning to combat financial, social, and information poverty for older people. or call 0800 319 6789

Carers Trust

Improves support, service, and recognition for anyone living with the challenges of caring for a loved one. or call 0300 772 9600

Carers UK

Gives expert advice, information, and support to carers. or call 0808 808 7777

Health and Wellbeing


If something is troubling you and you need to speak in confidence. or call their helpline 116 123


Provides advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem and campaigns to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding. or call 0300 123 3393


The largest national voluntary sector provider of mental health services, spanning high care and long-term care through to practical help and advice. or call 0300 5000 927

Alzheimer’s Society

Improves quality of life for people affected by dementia. Information and support for dementia sufferers and their families. or call 0330 333 0804


Improves the quality of life for children with life limiting illnesses. or call 020 8940 2575


Provides information and advice for people with cerebral palsy and their carers. or call 0808 800 3333

Parkinson’s UK

Aims to improve life for everyone affected by Parkinson’s, and find a cure. or call 0808 800 0303


Elderly Accommodation Counsel

Helps older people make informed choices about their housing and care needs. or call 0800 377 70 70


Provides free, professional and independent advice to homeless and badly housed people. or call housing advice helpline 0808 800 4444

The Housing Ombudsman

A free, independent organisation to resolve housing disputes regarding rented properties. or call 0300 111 3000


The national charity for homeless people. or call 0300 636 1967

Mailing List

whois: Andy White Freelance WordPress Developer London