Honorifics Evaluation System Privacy Notice
The Masonic Charitable Foundation (Registered charity number 1164703, Company number 09751836) is committed to ensuring the privacy of any personal information we collect from our donors. This Privacy Notice explains how the MCF Honorifics Evaluation System (HONE) protects personal and any other information provided in both paper and electronic formats.
Purpose for processing personal information
Our legal basis for collecting, processing and sharing personal information as described below is based on the legitimate interest of the HONE system. To collect and process personal information from donors who have made donations specifically to the MCF (either by donating to the MCF general fund or donating to the MCF via a Provincial Festival in support of the MCF) in order to administer the MCF permanent honorifics programme.
The HONE system operates within the Masonic Charitable Foundation, which acts as the Data Controller for these purposes.
What personal information we may collect
- Your full name
- Your full address including post code
- Your contact details such as an email address or a telephone number
- Your Lodge, Chapter or any other Masonic organisation membership details
- Details of donations you have made to the Masonic Charitable Foundation
How we collect your personal information
Such information is collected from MCF specific Relief Chests managed by the Relief Chest Scheme.
Please refer to the Relief Chest Scheme Privacy Notice
Why we need to collect your personal information and how it is used by HONE
- To calculate your personal MCF honorific qualifications
- To inform you of any MCF honorific qualification target reached and issue an appropriate certificate
Sharing your personal information
The MCF HONE system will not sell, share or distribute your personal information to any third party for marketing or any other purposes.
Storing your personal information:
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Your information will be securely destroyed when no longer required or when you withdraw consent for your information to be used.
Your personal information and your rights to access and update such information
- You have a right to ask for details about the information we hold about you
- You have a right to ask us to stop processing your personal information
- You have a right to rectify your personal information to ensure the details we hold about you are accurate and up to date
- You have a right to ask us to erase/delete any personal information we hold about you
Updating this Privacy Notice
We may update or amend this Privacy Notice from time to time, to comply with law or to meet our changing business requirements. When we update our Privacy Notices and Policy, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. Any updates or amendments will be posted on our website.
The Masonic Charitable Foundation is a Data Controller registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office, Registration number ZA161045.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about how we process your data or would like more information then please contact us.
Data Protection Lead
John McCrohan, Operations Director,
Masonic Charitable Foundation
60 Great Queen Street
London WC2B 5AZ
Telephone number: 020 3146 3333 / Email address: email@example.com
This Notice was reviewed and updated on 1 August 2021.