Marketing Privacy Notice
This Notice explains how Masonic Charitable Foundation (Registered charity number 1164703, Company number 09751836) will use the data you provide to us for the purposes of marketing its activities and services including our website and our digital and printed newsletters.
What we collect
The information we collect will depend on what you are asking us to do. It will include:
- Contact information;
- Your Masonic region (i.e. London, Province, Overseas District);
- Your role within a Lodge or Province if applicable;
- Details of the method(s) through which you would like to be updated.
- Chatbot only (eligibility checker) Your IP address and anonymous information about personal circumstances.
Why we collect it
- To inform you about our activities and services that may be of interest or available to you;
- To supply you with materials or information requested;
- To ask you to tell us how we can improve our services for you and others.
You are under no obligation to provide the data we request and/or may withdraw your consent for us to use it at any time.
Why we are able to use it
We are able to process your data because you have provided your consent for us to do so or because it is in your legitimate interest for us to provide you with information about our activities and services.
If you choose to withdraw your consent, then processing carried out whilst the consent was in place will still be considered lawful.
How we collect it
We will collect your information during contact with you, including via online forms or tools on our website, telephone, email or written correspondence.
How long we keep it
Your personal data will be retained for as long as required to deliver the requested information or service, or until you inform us that you have withdrawn your consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
Who we share it with
We will only share your personal information with third parties for legitimate business reasons. As Data Controllers in their own right all third parties used by MCF are required to adhere to the provisions set out in the Data Protection legislation.
Your personal data will not be transported outside the European Economic Area unless you have provided your consent to receive marketing updates about the work of the MCF. This information may be stored on servers located in the United States of America operated by our email marketing service provider, Campaign Monitor. For further information about Campaign Monitor’s GDPR compliance, please visit >>
From time to time, we may invite those on our marketing list to participate in online surveys hosted by Alchemer. For further information about Alchemer’s GDPR compliance, please visit >>
Apart from the above activities, we will not sell, distribute or release your information to third parties unless we obtain your permission or are required to do so by law.
How we keep it safe
The information you provide to us will be kept securely to ensure no unauthorised access or disclosure occurs. Your information will be securely destroyed when no longer required or when you withdraw consent for your information to be used.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You have the right to:
- See the data we hold about you
- Request the erasure or correction of the data we hold about you
- Object to us processing your data
- Obtain a copy of your data so you can use it for a different service
Website user information
‘Cookies’ are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information from the browser. There are two types of cookies used on our website:
- Google Analytics tracking cookies used to gather anonymous, aggregate information about traffic to our site
- Session cookies used to remember visitor state whilst they are using the site.
The Charity does not use third-party retargeting cookies that are used for advertising.