Statement of responsibilities for Relief Chest Representatives
This statement of responsibilities sets out how the Relief Chest Scheme expects Relief Chest Representatives to use and protect personal and other information provided.
The Relief Chest Scheme is committed to ensuring the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided to us. Any personal information provided to you as the Relief Chest Representative by the Relief Chest office to help you administer your Relief Chest must be treated as private and confidential. This document governs the use of information provided to you as the Relief Chest Representative in any format including paper or electronic format.
By completing and returning any of the forms:
- Relief Chest Application
- Change of Representative
- Access to Relief Chest Online
- Relief Chest Online reporting
you agree and accept the terms and conditions set out in this document.
The Relief Chest Scheme’s Privacy Notice sets out how we treat personal and other information we collect.
Access security and confidentiality
- Always treat any personal or any other information provided to you by us as confidential
- Use personal information only for assigned tasks, such as for preparing accounts, allocating and issuing honorifics, medals and certificates for a Provincial Festival or an Appeal
- Protect the security and integrity of personal or any other information provided to you
- Establish suitable procedures to safeguard your files containing personal information
- Not sell, or pass on personal or any other information received from the Relief Chest Scheme in any format
- Not reproduce duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit personal or any other information for commercial purposes
- Inform the Relief Chest Scheme immediately if you are no longer the Relief Chest Representative as you no longer have the right to such information
For the Relief Chest Representatives who have been provided with online access to
- Relief Chest online system
- Reporting system
The Relief Chest Scheme reserves the right to allow or restrict access by the Relief Chest Representatives to Relief Chest System online or to the online Charity Reporting system.
- Not disclose your password to any other person. If you believe your log in details have been used without your permission, you must notify immediately the Relief Chest Scheme
- Establish suitable electronic procedures to safeguard your computer and storage of personal and other information
Handling personal information
According to the data protection rules, anyone handling personal information must ensure that stringent measures are in place to protect personal information.
If you have been granted access to our new reporting tool APplication EXpress (APEX) you will be responsible for downloading, segmenting, Interrogating and analysing of personal information to prepare festival performance reports.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about the Relief Chest Scheme or your responsibilities as a Representative, please contact us here:
Relief Chest Scheme
Masonic Charitable Foundation
60 Great Queen Street, London
Telephone number: 020 3146 3352 / Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any concerns or queries about your personal information, please contact our data protection lead:
John McCrohan, Operations Director, Data Protection Lead
Masonic Charitable Foundation
60 Great Queen Street London
Telephone number: 020 3146 3333 / Email address: email@example.com
This Notice was reviewed and updated on 4 May 2022