We are excited to announce the launch of Digital Donations – a new, cashless way of supporting the MCF and the causes you care about!
Digital Donations allows Freemasons to donate money directly into their chosen Relief Chest, by simply scanning a QR code using a digital device or clicking a unique URL online.
Digital Donations offers donors a range of benefits, including:
- A fast and simple donation process
- Ability to donate anytime, anywhere – whenever is most convenient!
- Email receipts, allowing you to keep a record of your donation.
- No need to carry physical cash or unnecessary physical contact.
Who can use Digital Donations?
Any Freemason or visitor who would like to make a donation into a Relief Chest can use our Digital Donation service.
All you need is a digital device, such as a smartphone, tablet or PC, and access to a Relief Chest’s QR code or unique URL.
Example of a QR code
How does it work?
Relief Chest holders can set up a QR code or unique URL link, which can be added to physical or digital materials such as summons, posters or emails.
To make a donation, can either:
- Scan the QR code using their phone camera or a QR scanning app
- Enter the unique URL code into their browser
Why should Relief Chest holders set up Digital Donations?
Setting up Digital Donations can support Relief Chest holders in many ways:
- Creates more opportunity for donations and an increase in value
- No need for distribution and collection of Gift Aid envelopes or cash
- No administration work for Charity Stewards
- Collections can take place in and outside of lodge and chapter meetings
- Donations are automatically allocated to the chosen Relief Chest with Gift Aid where applicable
- Dedicated support available from the Relief Chest team