Ukrainian families at Kyiv railway station on their way to the UK
Thanks to our £500,000 grant to UK Community Foundations, thousands of Ukrainian people living in communities across England and Wales will be receiving practical support.
The grant follows a similar £500,000 grant in April this year to the British Red Cross, UNICEF and other organisations working with Ukrainian refugees on the ground in Ukraine, Poland, Romania and Moldova. Another separate donation of £50,000 was made shortly after the Russian invasion in February. This latest grant means that Freemasons have given more than £1 million to Ukrainian refugees since the war began.
The new programme of grants will see 10 community foundations supporting local charities and community organisations that are actively providing immediate support for refugees arriving from Ukraine, as well as those who are developing longer-term support for the integration of Ukrainians who are already here.
The community foundations that will each be receiving grants of up to £50,000 from the Freemasons are:
- Community Foundation Wales
- East End Community Foundation
- Essex Community Foundation
- Sussex Community Foundation
- Hampshire & Isle of Wight Community Foundation
- Heart of England Community Foundation
- Community Foundation for Surrey
- Kent Community Foundation
- Community Foundations for Lancashire and Merseyside
- Hertfordshire Community Foundation